(SIX13 RECORDS) My Best 5 pick of Billboard Chart Topping Songs Remade by Heavy Metal Bands. Check out the list of artists and the trivia below.
- Summer Breeze
- Word Up
- Smooth Criminal
- Inner City Blues
Listen to Best 5 Billboard Songs Remade by Heavy Metal Bands here or on YouTube
The Original Release Dates & Artist With The Cover Bands
- Summer Breeze by Seals & Crofts in 1972; Type O Negative 1993, 21 years later
- Word Up by Cameo in 1986; Korn 2004 18, years later
- Easy by The Commodores in 1977; Faith No More 1992, 15 years later
- Inner City Blue by Marvin Gaye in 1971; Sevendust 2005, 36 years later
- Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson in 1989, Alien Ant Farm 2001, 14 years later
- Summer Breeze – #5
Seals & Crofts formed in 1972, broke up in 1980; reformed in 1991-1992, again in 2004. They are avid promoters of the Bahai Faith. Wiki
Lead Singer of Type O Negative Peter Steele (born Petrus Thomas Ratajczyk) was born 1-4-1962 and died 4-14-2010 from an aortic aneurism
Easy – #4
The Commodores opened for The Jackson Five in 1972 while they were touring
Faith No More debuted with this name in San Francisco in 1979 and recently released the album Sol Invictus in 2015
Word Up – #3
Cameo became the resident band for the Westgate, Las Vegas Resort in March of 2016, 20 years after the release of Word Up
Korn formed in Bakersfield, California in 1993. In 2005 Brian “Head” Welch left the band to be a born again Christian, but has since rejoined the band
Smooth Criminal – #2
All I have to report is that the Alien Ant Farm YouTube video for this song has 85 million views.
Meanwhile, Michael Jackson, born 8-29-1958 died at age 50 because he was poisoned by his doctor Conrad Murray.